Friday, September 24, 2004

Basement-Freezer-Defrosting!

Well I have never had to defrost a freezer before! But when the little freezer in the basement became caked with ice - I thought "oh great...another thing to have to deal with!"

Good thing I still had the instruction book that came with it! So since the ice was caked I had to do more than just leave the door open (besides that's wasting electricity that I'm trying to save) so I un-plug the freezer (didn't have too much in it), remove the drain plug that's inside and put the drain pipe in a bucket to catch the water/melted ice. It took about a week for the ice to melt (so that means that yes there was a lot of ice) - but its gone now and its plugged back in and now I have something else to add to my maintenance schedule!

No comments: