Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Strange Noise?

Ever hear a strange noise in your home?

So its like 2 o'clock in the morning and I'm typing away at my computer and I hear this strange noise! It kind of sounds like a wounded animal! Now I've been having trouble with bees finding their way into the house and I thought maybe that was it. Then it could also be squirrels because they have run rampant in my attack. But this noise sounded so close and it just happened intermittently and it wasn't a continuous sound. Everytime I got up to investigate the noise would stop. Then when I settled down the strange noise would start up again.

I managed to get up and follow the noise. It was in the bedroom across the hall. Now I still have the box that my computer came in on the floor by the front of this room and I thought that maybe something crawled inside of there. I could still hear the noise so I kicked the box and nothing happened. But now that I was in the room the sound was quite close (and quite scary!)

It turns out that the noise was a short in the answering maching that caused one of the lights to flicker! Shew! What a relief! Almost sounded like the house was haunted! (And it being so close to Halloween too!)

There have been other "noises" as well but this was the most recent and the most scary!

No comments: