Monday, September 03, 2007

Laundry Day!

One of the things that I am truly thankful for is my washing machine that is in the basement! It is a Maytag and I'm sure you might remember all those commercials about how dependable it is - and it is!

I have had this washing machine for over 20 years now and so far it has been working great! (My dryer pooped out on me some years ago )-:

I was thinking about this today when I remembered about doing my laundry yesterday. The washing machine has that dial that spins around to facilitate the washing process and I must have turned it too much because it wasn't spinning. As I was doing laundry yesterday the clothes soaked for about 3 hours because the dial wouldn't turn - but hey - at least I knew that the clothes would be clean! Of course worrier that I am I worried about the machine being broken and I loath to have to get a new one mainly because I can't even remember how that machine was able to be put in the basement. So I thought as long as the machine was still working I could stay down there and turn the knobs until it finished its cycle. But guess what? As soon as I said that and left the machine to its own devices the dial worked again! Oh for joy! My washing machine is back to normal! I hugged and kissed it!

I HATE the thought of having to lug my laundry to a laundromat!

Thank you God for all the things you have provided me with!

No comments: