Thursday, November 04, 2004

The Beehive - the story continues

Back in August I had wrote about how I went to sweep off my front porch and found that the bees had built a nest in one of the cushions of the porch furniture. I didn't know it until I actually started to move the chair so that I could sweep off the area. Well out the bees came and there were a LOT of bees! I even tried covering myself up so that I could go back out and remove the cushion. Well even covered up I got stung! So I decided to do some research. From what I read I read that a suggestion that said to wait until the weather got colder. Either the bees are asleep or something but then would be a good time to get rid of the hive. Well this particular day it was very cold and rainy and windy and I noticed that there were no bees flying around the cushion so I managed to put the cushion in a trashbag and tie it up. Hooray! I finally got to tie up the cushion. Since trash day is a few days away the cushion is still on the front porch until I can put it out with the rest of the trash! But at least I got to the point where I could put it in a trashbag and tie it up.

This isn't the first time that there has been a beehive somewhere near the house. The last one was quite big and it was on the side of the house. A neighbor came and sprayed it during the night and then later a bad storm blew it from where it was. My neighbors are not immune either as my backyard neighbor had one on the side of his house as well.

I am so glad that I finally got rid of this beehive but I don't want to jinx it though because even though I have finally managed to get it in a trashbag and tie it up it still has to be put out with the rest of the trash.

No comments: