Monday, March 26, 2007

Losing Your Home!

I have to admit that this is one of my biggest fears!

I'll see ads in the paper where mortgage companies are offering certain amounts that you pay back monthly for a mortgage. Of course a lot of those amounts are much lower than what I am paying for my mortgage right now but I don't dare call these companies no matter how attractive their mortgage payment amounts look! Quite honestly I would like to pay my mortgage off just to not have the headache but I read somewhere that actually having a mortgage to pay could be considered a good thing because it is known as "good" debt. It has to do with your credit score or something.

I see the notices of sheriff sales in my local paper and see all the listing of homes that have already been foreclosed on. I even shutter when I see those programs on TV about "flipping" property!

My solution to this nagging problem has got to be for me to have a fund that has enough money in it so I don't lose my house. And I'm not talking about mortgage insurance. I'd rather have my own mortgage insurance where I have control over it. Just a nice tidy sum that is enough to pay off the mortgage and have some still in it to pay the yearly property taxes. It's a nice dream isn't it? But I would MAKE it a reality! I could go without some "niceties" if it meant that I knew that I had my "house" fund.

No comments: