Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Unsolicited Solicitations - Not!

I don't know about you but I plan to stay in my house for a very long time.  I have put so much work and effort into my home that I am not about to give it up without a fight!

Because of the work I do and the experiences that I have had I have specific plans as to the "financial" aspects of my home.  I want to pay off the mortgage - especially since I don't like the mortgage company that I have (the mortgage note has changed hands at least 5 times!).  Of course when I do pay it off there will be the matter of the property taxes that have to be paid annually but my plan for that is using the money that I used to pay for the mortgage.

I have no intention of taking out another mortgage on my home.  That's why I became rattled when I got an email from some place in Texas (I'm in PA) that wants me to sign up and get a lower interest rate on my mortgage.  What especially angers me is that their email to me included my exact name and address!  How did they get that?  Probably from some mailing list or something.

This is all fine and well for those that want to partake in such a service but for me I have my own definite plan!

No comments: