Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Oh, the angst!

Well I'm not a complete homeowner - there is still a mortgage on the house - but...............

I decided to start this blog because of an incident that happened to me yesterday. I decided to sweep off the front porch and moved one of the chairs and was welcomed by a swarm of bees! Needless to say they didn't like being disturbed. Well I got away from the chair as quick as I could but now had to figure out what to do.

I'm kind of assuming that there is a hive someone there - it may even be in the cushion of the chair which is busted open. So I went online to find out some solutions - a lot of which said to wait until a cool night and cover the hole with like a heavy carpet so that they couldn't get out. Still another piece of advice was to just wait until it got cooler to get rid of the hive.

I thought if I covered myself real good all over I could take the cushion and put it out with the trash - well that was a bad mistake! The bees mostly attacked my legs but they were buzzing all around me too and since I was covered up it was hard to see them so I hightailed it into the house bringing in a few bees with me!

So now I was so scared and so fed up that I decided to wait until it turns COLD (and I do emphasize the word COLD!) before I get rid of the cushion.

Still I much rather prefer living in a house as opposed to living in an apartment!

2 comments:

Jason said...

I would just blow that shit up. Don't you own a gun?

MartinM377 said...

I feel that I have gotten a kind of reprieve in that I mentioned my "bee" problem to someone else and he agreed with me about waiting until the weather gets cold before I discard it.

It always feels nice when someone agrees with you - especially when you're new at it!